Thursday, April 15, 2010

Whenever I Hear.....

I am a little needy this week. I need to know that my Heavenly Father loves me and will help me through all things. I have felt His love, comfort and strength. The peace I feel is incredible. But I also am appreciating the little ways I am being told that He is over all. We have a robin that is chirping his territory call every time I am outside. "Whenever I hear the song of a bird..." I am noticing all the beauties around me. They are no accident. Yesterday, as a class was filing into the music lab, a sweet 3rd grade girl handed me a tiny white flower. I know that it was a weed, but it felt like a rare orchid. I appreciated her thoughtfulness. She didn't know that I needed that flower, but there it was. I felt the love of my Father at that moment also. A few tears were trying to make an escape, but I stemmed them and enjoyed the beauty of music.
I have been thinking of the song,
Whenever I hear the song of a bird, or look at the blue, blue sky.'
Whenever I feel the rain on my face, or the wind as it rushes by.
Whenever I touch a velvet rose, or walk by my lilac tree
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world, Heavenly Father created for me.

No comments: